There are several different methods of cooking on the barbecue: direct grilling, indirect cooking, rotisserie cooking, planking, and smoking. Utilize all these methods to get the most out of your grill and impress your guests!
Another unique and delicious way to grill food is by using a wooden plank. This is a surefire way to get delicious results and wow your dinner guests. The smoke created from the plank sitting directly above a lit burner infuses the meat with unsurpassed grilled flavour.
Using a plank is simple:
1. Soak it in water for at least an hour and pat it dry
2. Pre-heat your grill on HIGH for 10 minutes
3. Coat both sides of the plank with olive oil then place the seasoned meat on it
4. Place the plank on the grill directly over the lit burner and reduce the heat to MEDIUM-LOW
5. Cook the meat to its desired doneness
6. Cedar planks are ideal for salmon but don’t be afraid to try other meats with it. Pork goes great on a maple plank and lamb is delicious on alder.
Note: Make sure to be careful while handling the plank after grilling and that it is fully extinguished before discarding.