DRIP PAN METHOD
Juices and drippings fall and mix with the contents of the drip pan. This mixture will vapourize, impart delicious flavours and ensure a moist and succulent roast, chicken or turkey.
To use the drip pan method:
1. Remove the grids and place the drip pan on top of the heat medium
2. Pour water or other cooking liquid, such as fruit juice or wine, into the drip pan
3. Replace the cooking grids
4. Preheat the grill on HIGH for 10 minutes then adjust the heat to MEDIUM or MEDIUM/LOW
5. Spray or brush the grids with cooking oil, then place the meat directly on the grids above the drip pan
6. Close the lid, and sit back and relax as your food becomes infused with delicious flavour
1. Place a drip pan over the heat medium, under the cooking grids, on the side of the grill where you will be turning off the burner
2. Preheat the grill on HIGH and then turn off one burner.
3. Brush or spray the cooking grids with cooking oil.
4. When grilling beef or pork sear the meat on all sides using the lit side of the grill and then transfer it over to the unlit side.
5. Regulate the heat setting to maintain your desired temperature, (generally MEDIUM)
6. This method is wonderful not only for roasts but also for thicker steaks, chops and bone-in cuts of chicken.
INDIRECT COOKING VIDEO