How to perform a Leak Test.
- Extinguish any open flame or cigarettes in the area.
- Be sure that gas supply valve and appliance valves are “off”.
- Prepare a soap solution of one part water, one part liquid detergent.
- Open the propane or natural gas supply valve slowly.
- Brush the soap solution on each connection, including the tank, the quick disconnect coupling, and on each connection between the orifice and control valve.
- A leak is identified by a flow of bubbles from the area of the leak.
- If a leak is detected, close the gas supply valve, tighten all connection and retest (Step 4).
- If the leak persists, contact our customer service department for assistance.
- Do not attempt to operate appliance if a leak is present.
IF YOUR GAS GRILL IS EQUIPPED WITH A SIDE BURNER OR REAR BURNER:
- Follow steps 1 – 5 above
- Place fingertip over the opening in the orifice at the end of hose.
- Turn “SIDE”/”REAR” control to “HIGH.”
- Brush soap solution on each connection between orifice and control valve.
- Turn “SIDE”/”R EAR” control to “OFF”.