2 sweet potatoes peeled and diced into cubes
1 beet diced into cubes
1 ½ cups of oyster mushrooms roughly chopped
1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
1 cup cashews ground
1 cup bread crumbs
handful of fresh parsley
1 tablespoon of Broil King Perfect Steak Seasoning
1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
½ tablespoon of chipotle chili powder
Broil King Perfect BBQ Sauce.
- Dice the sweet potatoes and beet and put in a pot with enough water to cover.
- Place pot on the side burner and set to MEDIUM-HIGH heat.
- As the pot begins to boil, finely chop the cashews, bread crumbs, and parsley in a food processor.
- When the sweet potatoes are tender and easily pierced by a fork, remove from the side burner and drain, place cooked sweet potatoes and beets off to the side.
- Place a frying pan on the side burner and coat in oil, when the oil begins to smoke place the roughly cut mushrooms in the pan and cook until tender.
- Mix black beans, garlic, cooked sweet potatoes, and beets in a bowl. Using a potato masher, mash the mixture together.
- Add the chopped cashew mixture and the cooked mushrooms to the bowl and mix together do not continue to mash.
- Replace one or two of your cooking grids with an exact fit Broil King griddle! Then preheat your grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Form burger mixture into 5-in (13 cm) patties and place on a hot well-oiled griddle. Cook until patties are firm and have developed a good seared crust.
- Brush patties with Broil King Perfect BBQ Sauce and let the sauce caramelize before removing patties from the grill.
- Top with your favorite toppings, to accent the flavor of these burgers use baby arugula as your salad topping, sun-dried tomatoes, and a roasted garlic aioli, but be creative and find your own favorite flavors. Enjoy!