FOR THE TURKEY
4 turkey thighs
FOR THE SAUCE
1-litre of chicken stock
1/3 lb of butter
1/2 cup red onion
1/4 cup of garlic
2 tablespoons lemongrass
2 tablespoons ginger
2 teaspoons hot curry powder – 1 part chilli powder to 3 parts regular curry powder for similar results
1 teaspoon garam masala
Soya sauce to taste
lemon juice – squeeze
Preheat your Broil King Pellet grill to 300°F (149°C)
- Lightly oil the turkey thighs and grill them directly, no need to season them the sauce is fragrant enough.
- grill for up to 1.5 hours flipping every 20 minutes until the exterior is golden brown and the interior cooked to 170°F (77°C).
- Remove, let stand then chop into bite-sized pieces. Retain any crisp skin as a topping.
- In a saucepan add some butter, lemongrass, garlic, ginger and red onions. Sautee
- Sautee until golden brown and tender then add the garam masala and hot curry, reduce and simmer until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock and reduce it to 1/4 the starting liquid volume.
- Add the turkey to the sauce then start adding butter small amount at a time, incorporate as you go.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice or Naan.