1 package lasagna noodles
1/2 L tomato sauce
2 small zucchini
1 sweet onion
2 red peppers
3 cloves minced garlic
6 large leaves basil
Oregano (1/2 the amount of basil)
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp vinegar
Salt and pepper
- Thinly slice zucchini, carrots, onion, eggplant, and red pepper and place on a roasting tray. Smoke at 300°F (149°C) for 30 minutes to remove some of the moisture from the vegetables.
- For the marinara sauce, on the side burner, saute garlic in a saucepan until brown and add tomato sauce, oregano, basil, vinegar, brown sugar, and salt and pepper to taste
- Layer in a roasting pan, starting with dry pasta, sliced smoked vegetables, and then marinara to fill the pan, approx 3 to 4 layers.
- Cook on the smoker at 300°F (149°C) for an hour covered and then remove the cover and cook until access liquid cooks off.
- When tomato sauce looks thick and caramelized, top with mozzarella, and raise smoker temperature to melt and brown cheese.