1 lb scallops
1 can button mushrooms
1 can pineapple chunks, drained
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 tsp salt dash of pepper
12 slices bacon
- Thaw frozen scallops. Remove any shell particles and wash.
- Place mushrooms, pineapple and scallops in a bowl. Combine vegetable oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour sauce over scallop mixture. Let stand 30 minutes, turning once.
- Fry bacon slowly until cooked but not crisp. Cut each slice in half.
- Preheat barbecue on HIGH.
- Alternate scallops, mushrooms, pineapple and bacon on long metal skewers.
- Reduce the heat to MEDIUM – LOW. Place skewers on the barbecue and cook, turning as necessary, until the scallops are cooked through.