1 lb (.45 kg) fresh Brussels sprouts cleaned and halved
1 lb (.45 kg) pork belly bacon
3 tablespoons of Broil King® Perfect KC BBQ Spice Rub
1 beer – try an IPA
FOR THE SMOKE
Broil King® Smoke Master’s Blend Pellets
- Clean and halve the Brussels sprouts, set aside. Lay out the strips of bacon and cut it into rough squares.
- Preheat your pellet or gas grill on MEDIUM heat 400°F (204°C) with a cast griddle or skillet on the cooking surface.
- Fry the bacon in the skillet to the point where the fat is mainly rendered but the bacon is still soft and underdone. Remove the bacon and temporarily set aside; pour off bacon grease from griddle or skillet. Return the bacon to the skillet.
- Add the Brussels to the pan and a tablespoon of Perfect KC BBQ Spice Rub and mix completely. Pour in half of the beer the rest can be reserved for sampling. Stir occasionally unseating any stuck-on bits. Your goal is to brown the Brussels and completely cook the bacon, the beer will steam the Brussels, evaporate and leave behind a great flavour.
- Remove and serve directly from the pan.
Ben – Culinary Director