7 – 8 large white chef potatoes
2 bundles green onions
½ lb shredded cheddar cheese
¼ lb butter
1 cup mayonnaise
Perfect Steak Spice (to taste)
- Bake potatoes at 350°F (177°C) on a gas or pellet grill for about 1 hour.
- Remove potatoes when they are 90% done, place in a bowl and cover. Let stand for 15 minutes to finish cooking evenly.
- Cook bacon to desired doneness at 350°F (177°C) for 20 to 30 minutes (for extra smoky flavour consider using a Broil King Pellet grill).
- In a pan, melt butter and cook on high heat until butter begins to brown, turn off and reserve in a bowl to stop cooking.
- Slice green onions and bacon.
- Cut baked potatoes into half-inch cubes, remove any potato skin that has flaked off.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, green onions, bacon, and shredded cheddar.
- Wisk butter into mayo and add Perfect Steak Spice to taste.
- Toss ingredients with mayo and butter mixture.