3 lb lamb fillets
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup fresh mint, chopped
2 lb baby new potatoes, scrubbed
2 red peppers, roasted and chopped
1 lb asparagus, blanched and chopped
2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
1/3 cup lime juice
1/2 cup olive oil
4 egg yolks
2 tbsp olive oil
- Steam the new potatoes on the side burner until tender, then drain. If the potatoes are larger than bite sized, cut them into halves or quarters as appropriate. Set aside.
- Blanch the asparagus on the side burner, plunge into ice water, then drain on paper towel lined wire racks. Set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue on HIGH, and place red peppers on grids. Char on all sides, then remove from the heat. Place the peppers in a paper bag to cool, then slip off the charred skins; seed and chop.
- Grill the lamb on HIGH for 2 – 3 minutes per side. Cool, then slice.
- To make the dressing, place the yolks, garlic, and lime juice in a blender, or in the bowl of a food processor. With the motor running, add the oils in a thin stream. Add the chopped mint leaves. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Toss the lamb, potatoes, peppers and blanched asparagus with the dressing, and garnish with fresh chives.