3/4 cup Teriyaki Marinade with Pineapple Juice
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
1 can pineapple chunks, drained, reserving 1 tbsp of liquid
1 1/2 lb (1 kg) sirloin steak, cut into 1.5-in (5 cm) cubes
2 red bell peppers, cut into chunks
2 medium onions, quartered
12 wooden skewers
- In a small bowl, whisk together teriyaki marinade with pineapple juice, ginger and 1 tbsp pineapple juice
- Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade mixture.
- In resealable plastic food storage bag, combine steak, 1/2 cup marinade mixture and vegetables. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning several times.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes before using to help reduce burning.
- Remove beef; discard used marinade. On skewers, alternately thread steak, vegetables and pineapple chunks until all are used.
- Preheat your gas, pellet or charcoal grill on MEDIUM-HIGH 500F (240C). Grill for 10 minutes and rotate regularly. Cook to desired doneness, turning and basting with reserved marinade mixture.