1 lb scallops
1/3 cup butter or margarine
3 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
1/4 cup minced parsley
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp celery salt
12 cherry tomatoes
1 green pepper, cut into 12 squares
4 wooden skewers
- Thaw scallops completely, if frozen. Dry on paper towel.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes before using to help reduce burning.
- Preheat barbecue on HIGH.
- In frying pan, combine butter, garlic, shallots, parsley, nutmeg, and celery salt. Saute at low heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, string scallops on 4 wooden skewers alternately with the cherry tomatoes and green peppers.
- Reduce the heat to MEDIUM – LOW. Place skewers on the barbecue and cook, turning as necessary, until the scallops are cooked through (about 6-8 minutes).