750 grams Bacon
3-4 cloves of garlic
125 ml balsamic vinegar
125 ml maple syrup
200 grams brown sugar
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp smoked paprika powder
180 gr. ground beef
- Roast the bacon in a pan
- If the bacon is drained of most of its fat, separate bacon and fat
- In a pan, sauté the shallots with the garlic and deglaze with the vinegar
- Add maple syrup and brown sugar; simmer for about 10 minutes
- Add the cooked bacon, cayenne pepper and paprika powder.
- Mix all after 10 minutes in a blender until the bacon jam has the desired consistency.
- Mix the beef with salt and pepper, form into a patty and grill 4 minutes from each side
- Serve the grilled burger with cheese, lettuce and tomato, a dash of BBQ sauce and one tablespoon of bacon jam.
Markus, 0815BBQ Facebook or 0815BBQ Youtube